[gst-devel] colorspace / Hermes-1.3.2 compile errors

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Apr 22 05:40:09 CEST 2003

> I am building from an offical tarball, Hermes-1.3.2
>
> So now what?  I can't imagine that I am the only one with this problem.

Don't know, never met anyone who compiled and installed it from source :)
What distro do you use ?

I can tell you though that the RPMS we provide for it are for the same
version and build without problems.  Maybe you should put up a whole build
log of Hermes, not just make output.

Maybe the tarball contains symlinks to depcomp versions that do not exist
on your system (in which case the tarball was rolled wrong).

As workarounds, you could try doing any of these :

* run automake
* symlink depcomp to your installed version of depcomp (on my system
  it's /usr/share/automake-1.6/depcomp)

but really, you should fix this at the root instead of treat symptoms.

> Should I try to build from cvs next?

You could, since then you're in control of running the autotools.  But if
you do, get a cvs checkout that matches the source release.

All of these are just workarounds however, so either check what's wrong
with your system or with the tarball.  And mail the Hermes maintainers,
since this is a Hermes problem.

Thomas

Lover fair
We'll be looking sharp I swear
I want them all to stop and stare
When we take'em down
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->