[gst-devel] video overlay plugin

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Thu Apr 24 06:09:16 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 22:55, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> b) to the list in general; would it be a good idea to make a module in
cvs
> in which to co-develop new plugins like this one ? We could call it
> "sandbox" for example, and make one directory for each plug-in we are
> developing, and make each directory have it's own autogen.sh script.
>
> In this sandbox module, people can co-develop plugins, help each other
> out, and generally mature and finish the plugins until they work
basically
> and can be added to gst-plugins if wanted.

This is a very good idea!  My new modules for the DXR3 DVD card would
certainly benefit a lot from it.  Additionaly, I've also been hacking
the dvdnavsrc component in the last days, but am pretty sure that the
changes are not yet ready to be integrated back into GStreamer. The
sandbox module could also be a good way to make my work available
without messing up with Gstreamer.

Cheers,

M. S.