[gst-devel] caps/caps2

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Dec 1 04:18:06 CET 2003

Hi all,

the Gnome-2.5 feature freeze is next monday (7 days left). We currently
have two caps systems, and the status of how things work is unknown to
me. I just know that gstcaps.h contains old caps, gstcaps2 contains new
caps and this is not a good idea. If we want to have the new caps system
into GStreamer-0.7.x/0.8.0, we need to rename it to gstcaps and obsolete
the old API (make sure nothing will build against it, otherwise it's
part of the API and then we can't remove it after Dec.8th). Dave, what's
the plan?

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer