[gst-devel] gstreamer HEAD + spider = ?

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Dec 4 16:47:01 CET 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Peter Williams wrote:

> Thanks. That explains things -- almost all of my mp3's have ID3v2 tags.
> Are things expected get better soon or should I revert back to a good
> reference point? (I'd like to stay on 0.7 because Rhythmbox CVS HEAD
> doesn't seem to want to play with gst 0.6 anymore, but I can always go
> back a Rhythmbox release if I have to.)

It'd probably be hard to revert back to a working GStreamer. And reverting
Rhythmbox won't solve those issues.
And we are currently solving API freeze issues. So I don't know if some of
us Gstreamer devs get annoyed enough to fix it in the timeframe people
call "soon".
I'm using madplay -z currently, but I intend to fix it when I have time...

Benjamin