[gst-devel] gstreamer HEAD + spider = ?

Peter Williams pkwill at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 4 14:29:02 CET 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 10:44, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> The id3types plugin has issues somehow (I'm not sure, I'm fixing it by
> integrating its functionality elsewhere). Anyway, the problem is that mp3s
> with ID3v2 tags are problematic currently.
> And ogg has the problem with spider selecting oggdemux instead of vorbisfile
> sometimes. This is pending on someone rewriting vorbis handling to not demux
> the ogg anymore.
>
> Or someone should rewrite spider... ;)
>
> Anyway, there's quite a bit of borkage right now.

Thanks. That explains things -- almost all of my mp3's have ID3v2 tags.
Are things expected get better soon or should I revert back to a good
reference point? (I'd like to stay on 0.7 because Rhythmbox CVS HEAD
doesn't seem to want to play with gst 0.6 anymore, but I can always go
back a Rhythmbox release if I have to.)

Peter

Peter Williams                          peter at newton.cx

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
                              -- REAL Ultimate Power