[gst-devel] gst-mixer gui issues

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Fri Dec 5 16:11:01 CET 2003

Hi all -

Sorry I don't have much time to write at the moment, but I wanted to
give a heads up on the mixer. I just got the ALSA elements to work on my
boxes here, so I checked in those changes. Hope they work for you all as
well.

I'm going to work a bit this weekend on the input/output distinction on
the tracks, since the mixer GUI gets horrendously complicated with two
sets of tracks for a channel that can be either input or output. Maybe
just leaving it at one track and including the `record' check box will
be good. Also, there needs to be some sort of switch/slider distinction
in the mixer tracks ; on my SBLive there are tracks that should really
be represented as toggles or check boxes, but they have slider bars at
the moment (which can't be moved in the GUI). The ALSA API includes
functions for testing whether a mixer track is a switch or a fader
element. There's got to be a better way to translate this into the
GStreamer interface.

Have a great weekend. Cheers !

leif

--