[gst-devel] Controlling video playback

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Dec 16 01:56:05 CET 2003

El mar, 16-12-2003 a las 06:26, David Topper escribió:
> I'm trying to find some documentation on:
>
> a) how to control video playback with gstreamer
> b) how to write video fx plugins
>
> Does anyone know a good place to start?  The gstreamer docs don't seem
> to have much on this.

Hi David,
for b), have a look at gst-plugins/gst/video-filter.  It's a deriveable
base class for video effects.

For a), the question is rather vague, but in general
gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/play is what you want.  Julien added a sample
playback app there so you can see how it works.  He is rewriting it
these days though, because there were some core changes holding him
back.  So feel free to discuss it with him either here or on IRC.

Thomas