[gst-devel] Controlling video playback

David Topper topper at virginia.edu
Tue Dec 16 13:20:00 CET 2003

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

>El mar, 16-12-2003 a las 06:26, David Topper escribió:
>

>>I'm trying to find some documentation on:
>>
>>a) how to control video playback with gstreamer
>>b) how to write video fx plugins
>>
>>Does anyone know a good place to start?  The gstreamer docs don't seem
>>to have much on this.
>>

>Hi David,
>for b), have a look at gst-plugins/gst/video-filter.  It's a deriveable
>base class for video effects.
>
>For a), the question is rather vague, but in general
>gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/play is what you want.  Julien added a sample
>playback app there so you can see how it works.  He is rewriting it
>these days though, because there were some core changes holding him
>back.  So feel free to discuss it with him either here or on IRC.

I don't see any playback app in that directory.  To be honest, I'm not
even sure about how to use the video filters / plugins.  The
documentation is sparse to say the least.  But perhaps I just don't know
where to look.  I've been reading the docs on:

    http://www.gstreamer.net/docs/

What am I missing?

DT