[gst-devel] caca plugin

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 16 03:53:03 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 12:28, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> So, it seems the best thing to do for now is to put the caca code in our
> gst-plugins tarball as an external lib like ffmpeg.
>
> Is everyone fine with me adding that ? I'll probably do that after we
> move, so it might take some days.

Is libcaca (or the plugin) important enough to justify this? If so:
sure, go ahead.

If you want to do some more work (you appear to work on this fulltime
right now), I'd have some things on my wishlist (simple things, don't
worry): mixer interface implementation in the volume plugin (and maybe
mixmatrix? Though that's slightly different), colorbalance interface
implementation in videobalance, tuner interface implementation in
switch, etc.. Want to do any of them? ;).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer