[gst-devel] new rules

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Fri Dec 19 13:45:00 CET 2003

* David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> [2003-12-19T16:34:01-0500]:
> At the very least, every commit log should say _what_ was changed,
> and should not be dependent (even indirectly) on other commit log
> entries.  Bonus points for explaining _why_ the change was made.

And don't forget that CVS logs are not a mailing list or chat room.  I
cringe when I see people using them like that.  I imagine this is done
because people know that others are reading the commits list.  Questions
directed at individuals, personal notes, and other dialog should be done
as a followup to the commit email but sent to the -devel list.

-dave