[gst-devel] cleaning up of CVSROOT

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Sun Dec 21 04:29:01 CET 2003

W liście z nie, 21-12-2003, godz. 12:41, Ronald Bultje pisze:
> On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 11:00, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > so, I want to do some simple clean-ups of our CVSROOT.
> [..]
> > a) create a "basement" directory
> > b) move all of the old stuff there that isn't worth checking out for
> > regular usage, but might somehow be interesting.
>
> This doesn't need CVSROOT action? This cna be done through usual
> commits, too. The advantage is that the history stays the same, so
> nothing will break. And if I ever want to look at "back then", it's
> still where it used to be.

Does CVS allow to keep history of moved / renamed stuff? This was always
one of the main annoyances with CVS, I'd be surprised if that have
changed. Or I may be wrong, and you really meant commits like "removed
gst/foo, added basement/foo", I will shut up at once then ;).

Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"
   Maciej Katafiasz <mnews2 at wp.pl>