[gst-devel] FFmpeg

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Wed Dec 24 05:19:04 CET 2003

Hi guys,
as we all know, ffmpeg is one thing that does for 90% of failed builds
of gst-plugins. And to add for the fun, ffmpeg failing to build often
makes you rebuild all the plugins from scratch, just because it won't
make it otherwise. I'm right now in the process of rebuilding, b/c it
didn't slurp correctly, and after manual cvs co it builds, but refuses
to install. Thomas was proposing moving ffmpeg to separate module, but
apparently not everyone is after it. I can't really see the reason for
not doing that, so please, if you have some very good rationale for
leaving ffmpeg in gst-plugins to continue trashing it, share with us.
Otherwise, no vote against counts as vote for it :).

Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"
   Maciej Katafiasz <mnews2 at wp.pl>