[gst-devel] installing 0.6.0 from apt-rpm repository

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sun Feb 2 14:41:41 CET 2003

On 2 Feb 2003, Kevin Bowen wrote:

> I'm trying to get gstreamer and the associated apps installed out of the
> official apt-rpm repository, although all the gstreamer-* packages
> installed and are now at 0.6.0, when I try to get monkey-media it says:
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   monkey-media: Depends: libgstcontrol-0.4.2.so.0 but it is not
> installable
>                 Depends: libgstgconf-0.4.2.so.0 but it is not
> installable
>                 Depends: libgstreamer-0.4.2.so.0 but it is not
> installable
>
> Any ideas? I'm dying to try rhythmbox.

yeah, they're not compatible.  I'm going to try my hand at re-speccing
rhythmbox and monkey media, but I've been out of the loop for both so I
don't know if it will work.

You're free to try from cvs of course :) it should work against gst 0.6.0

Thomas

Sometimes I wish I was you
so I'd know how it feels
to have me inside of you
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->