[gst-devel] Gnolin status

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at cogeco.ca
Tue Feb 4 14:47:06 CET 2003

Hi,

I (new to the list) wanted to check in with the list on the status of
Gnolin. I've just got gstreamer compiled and working - but really need
some "gnolin" functionality on top of gstreamem.

In particular I need to automatically assemble various clips into a new
stream with fades between the clips. Pretty much exactly what Gnolin
advertises to be able to do. Any ideas if this is possible with the
current code - if not, what needs to be done? (ie. where should I start
coding?) Are there other packages/plugins that might give me some
non-linear editing functions.

Another thing that I'd like to be able to do is "bluescreening" one
video behind another as backdrop. Also I am looking for ways of mixing
in static images (for text and logo overlays).

Any hints and pointers are greatly welcome!

ciao
Andreas Schiffler