[gst-devel] Gnolin status

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Thu Feb 6 23:57:01 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:46:39PM -0500, Andreas Schiffler wrote:
> I (new to the list) wanted to check in with the list on the status of
> Gnolin. I've just got gstreamer compiled and working - but really need
> some "gnolin" functionality on top of gstreamem.
>
> In particular I need to automatically assemble various clips into a new
> stream with fades between the clips. Pretty much exactly what Gnolin
> advertises to be able to do. Any ideas if this is possible with the
> current code - if not, what needs to be done? (ie. where should I start
> coding?) Are there other packages/plugins that might give me some
> non-linear editing functions.
>
> Another thing that I'd like to be able to do is "bluescreening" one
> video behind another as backdrop. Also I am looking for ways of mixing
> in static images (for text and logo overlays).

You can wait 2-3 years until Gnolin is implemented and stable
or you can use Cinelerra now.  Cinelerra is the only software
i've found (free OR comercial) that is stable enough for
video editing.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org