[gst-devel] xmms plugin wrapper

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Sun Feb 16 12:22:03 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 21:05, Kevin Bowen wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a plugin to wrap xmms plugins to gstreamer?
> I've found a mention of the existance of such a plugin on the list archives,
> but I can't find it available anywhere. I'd really love to play my MPC's in
> rhythmbox :)

xmms uses glib1.2, gstreamer uses glib2.0. As gstreamer uses in-proc
plugins you can't wrap xmms plugins.

There was a functional xmms plugins wrapper plugin when gstreamer still
used glib1.2. Either wait for xmms to use glib2.0 or port the plugin to
gstreamer.

Wim

Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at chello.be>