[gst-devel] MPEG2 Linear PCM

Martin Soto soto at informatik.uni-kl.de
Sun Feb 23 12:12:15 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 00:16, Wim Taymans wrote:
> > My first problem was that the standard mpegdemux element is not able to
> > extract the PCM streams.  I already hacked it to do so, and at least I'm
> > being able to get some raw data from the PCM stream (I'll gladly submit
> > a patch as soon as I'm sure that the data I'm extracting makes sense).
>
> I personally don't have any PCM VOB, can you provide me a link to one?
> If you create a bugzilla patch I can take a look at your code, if you
> want...

I just put the patch under bug #106875.  It would be no problem to
extract some seconds from a PCM VOB, but I don really have a server
where I can upload it.  How long should it be to be useful?

> There is no plugin for lpcm yet. If you want to make one, I suggest to
> take a look at gstmad.c, it's a good example of a fullfeatured chain
> based plugin, the gsm decoder plugin is a good starting point for an
> lpcm decoder.

Great, I'll look at them as soon as I have some time.

Cheers,

M. S.
--
Martin Soto <soto at informatik.uni-kl.de>