[gst-devel] Re: gst-player and hermes

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Feb 25 04:51:05 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 12:06, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Benjamin Otte wrote:
>
> >Just out of interest: Xine and Mplayer include their own colorspace stuff?
>
> Yes, it looks like that in MPlayer (dunno about Xine). From
> MPlayer-0.90pre8/postproc/swscale.c:
>
> ----
>   supported Input formats: YV12, I420/IYUV, YUY2, BGR32, BGR24, BGR16,
> BGR15, RGB32, RGB24, Y8/Y800, YVU9/IF09
>   supported output formats: YV12, I420/IYUV, {BGR,RGB}{1,4,8,15,16,24,32},
> Y8/Y800, YVU9/IF09
>   {BGR,RGB}{1,4,8,15,16} support dithering
> ----
>
> By the way, if you're interested to know how MPlayer works, take a look in
> DOCS/tech/libmpcodecs.txt and other files in the dir. MPlayer docs
> are very good, even from the technical point.
>
> Considering the huge variety of media that MPlayer supports, I wonder
> if it would be difficult to convert whole MPlayer into Gstreamer
> source module/modules?

The mplayer engine isn't threadsafe, and that includes the plugins etc.
Best is to work like xine and MPlayer do, adapting code from each other.
You end up with code that is similar but adapted.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault