[gst-devel] Re: gst-player and hermes

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ees2.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 25 04:58:10 CET 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Bastien Nocera wrote:

>The mplayer engine isn't threadsafe, and that includes the plugins etc.

Couldn't that be implemented by simply adding locks around
each call to the MPlayer code as simple initial low-performance version?

To support as wide variety of codecs as MPlayer I'm afraid one
needs to use binary-only modules which might not be thread safe anyway.

>Best is to work like xine and MPlayer do, adapting code from each other.

On the longer run, I definitely agree.