[gst-devel] Wish List Plugins

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Mon Jan 6 02:32:01 CET 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Jérémy SIMON wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> > VirtualDub Filter wrapper (lots of high quality filters available for
> >   virtual dub.  Probably one of the few things that keep me using Windows
> >   for Multimedia applications)
> > Avisynth plugin wrapper (avi plugins can do thing VirtualDub does not do,
> >   such as change framerate).
>
>   There is one sharpen ;) It's not a wrapper but a port from source. I'm agree
> with you, there is a lot of nice Virtualdub or Avisynth plugin available
> release under GPL.

Although porting source is defiantly more effect I was thinking in terms
of one that can use the binary plugins as is.  It can't be that hard as it
is already done for Windows codecs, and this time you have the source so
there is no reverse engineering involved.

>   These plugin are mainly use for video encoding and actually I think Gstreamer
> don't have a *working* encoder ( MPEG4, MPEG, ... ) !? maybe with winenc or
> recent ffmpeg plugin ? Wim told me that mpeg2enc doesn't work very well ...

OK add that to my wish list ;)  And an XVid encoder.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org