[gst-devel] streaming over mobile IP and multicast IP

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Wed Jan 15 02:24:01 CET 2003

On 15 Jan 2003, Luis Rodero wrote:

>  sender   -> gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! udpsink port=7778
>  receiver -> gst-launch udpsrc port=7778 ! mad ! osssink
> the receiver can not even start to play the song, it seems like the data
> travels 'too fast'. No data is lost, as we have introduced some delays
> in the udpsink plugin to slow the sending rate,

The raw file data coming from filesrc doesn't have any timestamps.  I
don't know if udpsink/udpsrc are set up to pace data based on the
timestamps, but they should be, and then you would put mp3parse between
filesrc and udpsink.  Then the issue becomes one of global clock
management, which wtay will have to answer.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_