[gst-devel] streaming over mobile IP and multicast IP

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Wed Jan 15 01:35:09 CET 2003

Hey Luis,

others will be able to say more about the udp stuff, I'll stick to general
remarks :)

>  receiver -> gst-launch udpsrc port=7778 ! queue ! mad ! osssink
> but then the receiver does not seems even to iterate.

queues are used to bridge thread boundaries.  Itm ight be useful in this
case (not sure about that though), but the syntax would then
... 7778 ! { queue ! mad ! osssink }

> If we use this (decoding in the sender):
>  sender   -> gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! mad ! udpsink
> port=7778
>  receiver -> gst-launch udpsrc port=7778 ! osssink
> the osssink plugin shows the warning message:
>  ** (process:594): WARNING **: couldn't set requested OSS parameters,
> enjoy the noise :)

Interesting :) AFAIK, caps cannot be sent across udp, it probably could be
but it's probably not implemented.  So what's happening is that udpsrc
isn't able to set the right caps..

Thomas

There has to be a change, I'm sure
Today was just one day fading into the other
and that can't be what life is for
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->