[gst-devel] GstVideoWidget

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Wed Jan 15 11:01:01 CET 2003

Howdy,

As some of you already know i've been working on recoding GstVideoWidget from the libgstmediaplay library...

Indeed this widget had several issues and was not able to catch events.

I recoded it almost from scratch without using gtk_socket which has some issues and implemented some new stuff inside.

Here is attached the source code of this widget that i propose to you.

It contains documentation as gtkdoc format and the code is quite "clean"

If you approve it i will commit it in the cvs and modify gst-player to remove old methods that are not in this one.

For those of you who are using the actual GstVideoWidget the biggest issue is the gst_video_widget_reset_socket function that disappeared as the common method should be unrealizing the widget and realizing it so that it gets cleaned correctly in a threadsafe way.

gtk_widget_unrealize(); gtk_widget_realize();

New features of this widget :

- Event catching ( can be disabled for native interactivity with XWindow)
- Mouse pointer hiding
- Native ratio management without GtkAspectFrame. now directly inherit from GtkWidget.
- Documented
- New methods to access properties both from g_object and public methods.

Don't be too rude please that's my first gtk widget :)

Cheers

Dolphy

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10