[gst-devel] Re: totem specific stuff in gtk-playlist

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jan 20 04:21:02 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 12:39, Steve Baker wrote:
> gtk-playlist integration has started in gst-player. It would be nice if
> we didn't have to fork gtk-playlist but there is currently a number of
> totem specific things in gtk-playlist which prevent it from being a
> generic component.
>
> I'd be happy to produce a patch which makes it a more generic component.
> Here is what I intend to do:
> - pass a GladeXML object and GtkPixbuf play icon when calling
> gtk_playlist_new

I pass a filename and a GdkPixbuf, should be good enough.

> - remove all gconf stuff for repeat toggle and window dimensions
> - make the repeat toggle fire a signal when change. have get/set repeat
> functions

I changed this to use GCONF_PREFIX rather than hardcode /apps/totem/. I
also added the signal and the get/set, but I don't see the point of
moving the gconf stuff out of the playlist otherwise.

> So Totem will have to figure out where the glade and pixbuf files are,
> and it will have to manage the gconf stuff for the repeat toggle.

Done.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault