[gst-devel] Re: GStreamer release [Was: Thanks very much for the releases]

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Jan 21 16:07:03 CET 2003

Short answer:

0.5.2 prerelease tarballs are put up at
http://gstreamer.net/releases/0.5.2/src

Everyone is encouraged to test these.

I'm wrangling both through my build system this night.  If all is ok
tomorrow morning, I do a final release and they can go out.

Same for nautilus-media, that just got an enormous boost thanks to Dave
Camp fixing some bug in nautilus, which I hope he applies soon.

I'd appreciate us gstreamer guys to not commit for a day or so while we
figure out where to go from here.

A couple of possible routes:

- HEAD becomes 0.7.0.1 immediately, ie "the unstable dev branch"
- HEAD becomes 0.6.x branch, ie "the don't mess with it except for fixes"
  so that we dogfood our own code for a while and learn what it means to
  be semi-frozen :), while we have a 0.7 branch

Ideas, suggestions, ... ?

Thomas

And I'm not the drowning man you think
I flail my arms and refuse to sink
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->