[gst-devel] branches

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Thu Jan 23 01:20:04 CET 2003

Hi -

I vote for option 2. Seems like (as taaz said) CVS HEAD
should be out there for folks who are willing to take on the
bleeding edge. If people want a stable branch they should
get a release tarball.

I agree that it's important to have our developers working
on fixes in the release branch. But isn't it enough to
remind everyone to use "cvs update/checkout -r
BRANCH-RELEASE-0_6_0" (or whatever stable branch we've got
going) ?

Then, as I understand it, we'd have a stable branch for
0.6.0 (which came from the branch for 0.5.x), HEAD would be
the unstable/development series (0.7.0.1) and some time
later we make a 0.8.0 branch from
0.7.0 and update HEAD to 0.9.0, etc ...

Please take with as many grains of salt as are appropriate,
I'm certainly no CVS expert ! :)

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson . http://ambient.2y.net/leif/