[gst-devel] pkg-config files

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Jan 27 15:38:04 CET 2003

Hey,

> man, 2003-01-27 kl. 21:37 skrev Thomas Vander Stichele:

still on SE ? :)

> > So I'd like to move all of them in a pkgconfig dir under the root, which
> > would also nicely correlate to the installed location, in some way.
>
> If I understand you right what does it gain us to have them installed in
> /usr/lib/pkg-config/gst-0.7 as opposed to /usr/lib/pkg-config/gst-0.7.pc
> (ie right in the base pkg-config dir).

No, what I meant was "if our pkg-config files (uninstalled versions) are
all in $(cvs_module)/pkgconfig, it looks just like the installed location"
(ie you remember it has to end in pkgconfig/) and it's tidier because
they're not all chucked together in the root of the module.

I'm not changing anything about the installed location at all.

> I have no problem with them being moved to gstreamer/pc in the source
> distribution, but /usr/lib/pkg-config is the standard place. We
> shouldn't start messing about, because it *will* annoy people - like me.
>
> If I did misunderstand you...sorry :)

No problem :)

Thomas

I may be qualified
for a one night stand
but I could never take the place of your man
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->