[gst-devel] 0.6.0 release scope

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jan 30 14:15:07 CET 2003

It seems to me that for 0.6.0, our only driving force is gnome-media.
It's the only package shipping with GNOME 2.2 that uses GStreamer, which
otherwise is effectively a developer's preview release.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions on what we should be 'supporting',
we should come up with a specific list of exactly what we have to have
'perfect' for that, and a set of testcases.  That may mean that video can
wait for later 0.6.x release, i.e. if gst-player goes into Fifth Toe.  As
long as the API changes are all ABI-compatible, of course.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_