[gst-devel] compilation works; execution works half the time

Yann Klis yklis at kaliasys.com
Thu Jul 3 09:48:07 CEST 2003

Hi,

I wrote a little program, using gstreamer, that I compile with :

gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gstreamer-gconf-0.6 gstreamer-play-0.6
libgnomeui-2.0 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 gobject-2.0 --libs libgnomeui-2.0 glib-2.0
gobject-2.0 gtk+-2.0 libglade-2.0` gino.c gstvideowidget.c -o gino

It generates just 2 or 3 warnings, nothing serious.
Unfortunately, the execution has worked the first time, but now the execution
keeps ending with a seg fault and there is nothing on stderr.
I identify that the code which makes the trouble is :
gst_play_set_state (gino->play, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

So, are there known recommendations or restrictions to "play" a pipeline
through libgstplay? What could segfault my app ?

I know that it's not very precis, but maybe it's a known issue.

Thanks in advance,

++

yk