[gst-devel] problem with xvidesink on Solaris

Brian Cameron Brian.Cameron at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 27 08:29:02 CEST 2003

The Xvideosink plugin on Solaris won't properly plug into any other
plugins (such as goom).  For example, when I run this command:

  gst-launch sinesrc ! goom ! xvideosink

I get this warning:

  WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link goom0 to xvideosink0
           Trying to run anyway
  RUNNING pipeline
  pipeline doesn't want to play

I have tracked down the reason to the fact that the depth property on
Solaris ends up being 24 for xvideosink and is hardcoded to 32 for
other plugins.  This difference causes the gst_caps_intersect function
to return NULL (called from gst_pad_try_relink_filtered_func), so
it doesn't think the plugins can work together.

I notice that the bpp (bits per pixel) value is 32 for both xvideosink
and other plugins (such as goom).

Any ideas of how to get xvideosink working with other plugins on
Solaris?

Brian