[gst-devel] GST_DEBUG rewrite hit cvs

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Jun 29 13:19:09 CEST 2003

The long-awaited rewrite of the debugging subsystem has landed. Core,
plugins (at least all of the plugins I have) and the player still compile
and work. If there are compiling issues with these changes (either for
plugins or applications using GStreamer), it's most likely a missing
include. <gst/gst.h> does _not_ include <unistd.h> and <config.h> anymore.
So you might have to add includes there.

For anybody seeking docs: Build the GStreamer docs yourself and look at
them. The gstinfo stuff explains it. If you're too lazy to build the ocs
or can't get them to build, I sent a mail some days ago where the
important html file was attached. For anybody looking for examples: See
the core and especially the elements (filesrc and friends).

Benjamin