[gst-devel] problem compiling gstalsa

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 11 14:36:17 CET 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> seen a lot of changes to the alsa plugins, good.  Only now, I can't
> compile it on my machine.
>
> I have alsa 0.9.0rc3, here's the errors:

I just looked through ALSA cvs, you are one release too low.
We are using the new (and therefore non-deprecated) API, which was
introduced in 0.9.0rc4.
They solved this "new API" problem pretty clever by allowing you to define
ALSA_PCM_NEW_[SH]W_PARAMS_API if you want to use the new functions, but by
default use the old ones. So people using the old API can still happily
use the newest version. Just not GStreamer, as we are cool and only use
latest stuff.

Could you btw make the ALSA stuff not disabled by default, when you fix
configure? I think it is reworked enough to actually be usable now.

Cheers,
Benjamin