[gst-devel] -lpopt needed when linking statically

Lars Weber lars at brokenbits.de
Sun Mar 16 06:44:21 CET 2003

Greetings!

        When I try to compile applications statically with GStreamer (0.6
from Debian) I always manually need to add `-lpopt' to the linker options
created by pkg-config because otherwise I get several `undefined reference
to `poptWhatever'' errors.

        What I now wonder is whether this a bug in GStreamer's .pc file or
whether it is a problem with pkg-config because it doesn't currently
support special flags for static linking?

Regards,
Lars