[gst-devel] video/raw format 'RGB '

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri May 9 01:23:13 CEST 2003

I've noticed recently that plugins' handling of caps for RGB video
is pretty inconsistent.  I did a bunch of mucking in places that
looked like it needed work, but I'd like to see some discussion
before checking in.  It will probably break stuff.

Basically, I've changed everything so that:

  - 24 and 32 bit RGB is always big endian, with color masks
    appropriately defined (i.e., in big endian order)

  - 15 and 16 bit RGB is always host endian, except for cases
    where the video is truly byte swapped.

  - (almost) every caps definition contains all fields.

The patch is attached to bug #112621.  Discuss.

dave...