[gst-devel] Automaticly selecting the right source

Magnus Bergman magnus.bergman at observer.net
Mon May 26 08:03:06 CEST 2003

I want my application to automatically select the right source depending on a text string describing the source. Is this functionality beyond the scope of gstreamer?

Maybe I should use the gnome-vfs source and write custom plugins for gnome-vfs instead? But what about data that can not be described with an URL (like a CD-track for example) is it/should it be the responsibility of my application handle those separately (in parallel with gnome-vfs)?