[gst-devel] Silly question about helloworld2...

Brett Kosinski brettk at frodo.dyn.gno.org
Tue May 27 14:27:03 CEST 2003

Wow, I'm just spamming the list today...

Is there a known bug in CVS regarding the autoplugging stuff?  The
helloworld2 example in CVS doesn't appear to run... I type

./helloworld /home/mp3/Gershwin-Rhapsody_in_Blue.ogg

And it says:

INFO (29568: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.7.0.1
INFO (29568: 0) CPU features: (0c040843) MMX
INFO (29568: 0) registry: loaded user_registry in 1.263518 seconds
          (/home/brettk/.gstreamer-0.7/registry.xml)

and returns immediately without playing anything (the iterate()  call is
returning immediately).  The same goes for the Perl version of helloworld2
that I wrote.

Incidentally, I have a modified helloworld that uses vorbis, and it plays
this file fine, which is what makes me wonder if the autoplugging stuff is
the culprate.

Of course, it could just be that my installation is hosed...  On the
bright side, at least my Perl version of helloworld2 behaves the same as
the CVS version... that's gotta be good. :)

Brett.