[gst-devel] Problems in gst_parse_launch()

Sebastien Cote sc5 at hermes.usherb.ca
Sun Nov 2 07:57:11 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm using gstreamer 0.6.3 and I think there's a problem in gst_parse_launch()
which causes invalid pipelines not to be destroyed.

For example, when pipeline_from_graph() is called and make_links() fails, NULL
is returned.  But who is supposed to unref the pipeline in that case?  The
dispose method of the elements in the pipeline isn't called so I don't think
anobody does.

Shouldn't the pipeline be returned anyway, and then the caller can unref it if
there is an error?

Thanks,

Sebastien