[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] company gstreamer: gstreamer/gst/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Nov 2 08:47:03 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 17:24, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> implement 'gst_element_factory_find_from_element' to replace
> gst_element_get_factory

You just broke XML file restoring, gst-editor, gst-rec and all other
apps that aren't a spider-based autoplugged pipeline app. Please don't
do this. The fact that you don't use a feature doesn't mean nobody does.
And please regression-test your changes next time.

I've re-added it. I also agree with Thomas: don't change things without
prior discussion, especially not when we're trying to get in Gnome-2.6.
This is insane.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer