[gst-devel] plugin categories changed

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Sun Nov 16 14:16:19 CET 2003

Hi all -

I finally got those plugin category changes checked in (no longer have a
bizillion locally modified files, whew). There are still a few sketchy
plugin categories, especially the ones left in Codec/Parser, but the
tree looks much better in gst-editor. :)

AFAIK only gst-rec and the autoplugger(s) rely on the categories in a
big way ... I think the most relevant change is a new Filter/Converter
category (with Audio and Video subcategories) and the switch from
Codec/(Audio|Video)/(Encoder|Decoder) to Codec/$2/$1. If you all
(Benjamin, Ronald ?) need me to hack on apps to unbreak them for this
change, let me know.

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson : http://ambient.2y.net/leif/