[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gst-plugins: gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/videooverlay/

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Mon Nov 17 09:30:42 CET 2003

> I consider the "wait for have_xid to decide whether we use viz. or
> video" a cruel hack, actually. Why don't you create an "inverse tee"
> plugin that does this? Then, you only need one xvideosink (or whichever)
> in the player.

I agree on that. but this have_xid is also usefull to avoid all the mess
of creating a window in the app. It s far much easier to wait for an xid
and make reparent than creating a gdk window correctly and give it
correctly to the video sink. So i would like to keep both and that let
gst-launch working too which i appreciate.

> One thing: given that I'll use this API a lot, too, I'd like a voice in
> the final decision.

I won't do anything without your approval, that's not my style :)

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10