[gst-devel] Patch: add xid property to xvideosink

Anthony Green green at spindazzle.org
Tue Nov 18 07:07:05 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 13:59, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 19:27, Anthony Green wrote:
> > $ gst-launch filesrc location=alien.mpg ! spider ! xvideosink xid=41951535
>
> Why do you want to use this from command-line?

I don't.  This is just a side effect of adding the xid property to
xvideosink.  I really just want to specify it in xml pipeline
descriptions I will feed to gstreamer.

> You'll be able to call gst_xoverlay_set_xwindow_id (GstElement *element,
> XID id);. That's all needed to get the same functionality.

I suppose so, but it would be more convenient to be able to set this as
an element property.  I'm not sure why you would want to treat it
differently.

BTW, what does "overlay" mean in this context.  In the future, will I be
creating xoverlays instead of xvideosinks?

Thanks,

AG