[gst-devel] Patch: add xid property to xvideosink

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Nov 18 10:03:04 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 16:06, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 13:59, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 19:27, Anthony Green wrote:
> > > $ gst-launch filesrc location=alien.mpg ! spider ! xvideosink xid=41951535
> >
> > Why do you want to use this from command-line?
>
> I don't.  This is just a side effect of adding the xid property to
> xvideosink.  I really just want to specify it in xml pipeline
> descriptions I will feed to gstreamer.
>
> > You'll be able to call gst_xoverlay_set_xwindow_id (GstElement *element,
> > XID id);. That's all needed to get the same functionality.
>
> I suppose so, but it would be more convenient to be able to set this as
> an element property.  I'm not sure why you would want to treat it
> differently.

I tend to agree here.  If the side effect of using interfaces is we
won't be able to easily influence our GstObjects from
gst-launch/gst-editor/whatever, we should consider finding some way of
putting this in.  I thought interfaces where some sort of per-class
space whereas objects are per-instance space.

At the very least, we should somehow support property setting on an
object.  Whether or not internally it uses interfaces to do so is
another point.

Am I missing something ?

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
She feels that my sentimental side should be held with kid's gloves
She doesn't know that I left my urge in the icebox
She says I'm a prey for the female
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/