[gst-devel] Re: wingo gst-plugins: gst-plugins/gst/intfloat

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Sat Oct 4 17:35:13 CEST 2003

Hey guys...

The recent change by wingo has broken the int2float plugin...
it crashes consistantly for me in the chain function.

gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=file.mp3 ! mad ! intfloat ! floatint ! osssink

crashes for me as does a similar looking pipeline in marlin. I hoked
about a bit, and noticed that it was always leaving 128 frames over to
go into the next buffer. Changing the line

40 wingo     1.33 #define GST_INT2FLOAT_DEFAULT_BUFFER_FRAMES 256

to #define GST_INT2FLOAT_DEFAULT_BUFFER_FRAMES 128 works wonders, but
I know its just a hack around the problem.

The offending line is
334 data_out[i][j] = ((gfloat)data_in[(j*channels) + (i%channels)]) / 32767.0;

and the problem is that data_in is an invalid address.

Should I just commit the change to 128 and be happy, or does anyone
suggestions about how to fix the actual bug. I have a vague idea of
what is going on, but I'm tired and everything is blurring together
:)

iain
--
"Everyone thinks about changing the world,
 but no-one ever thinks about changing himself" - Leo Tolstoy