[gst-devel] [patch] GstMixer renaming : channel -> track

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Oct 10 00:20:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 22:49, Leif Johnson wrote:
> Hehe. I think this even works out for video terminology (i.e. a video
> track could have an alpha channel and a red channel and whatnot), though
> I'm almost completely ignorant about video.

Now that you mention it, I had the same naming issue here. You see, if
you tune into a station with your tuner (frequency-thing), that's called
a channel. However, an input/output (cable/tuner, composite, s-video) is
called a channel too. I'll name them tracks, too, I think. Then again,
how do you call selecting the track (tuning? selecting?) and selecting a
tuner frequency (tuning?)? ;).

Man, this terminology is getting on my nerves. ;).

Thanks for committing the patch, btw!

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer