[gst-devel] GstInterface

Ramón García ramon_garcia_f at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 02:56:07 CEST 2003

I do not understand that. Why should a mixer available
only sometimes? And in that case I find it more clear
to have a method get_mixer (which can return NULL).
The word "get" implies something that you might have
or have not. "Implementing" an interface suggest
something that a device "is" (in the permanent sense
of the word) capable of. I agree with using interfaces
dynamically for properties that depend on the
hardware, but are permanent.

Ramon