[gst-devel] Homepage Newsflash Text

Paul Flood paul at temple-baptist.com
Thu Oct 16 11:30:07 CEST 2003

Ello,
Some of you old school GStreamer folks may remember me, but for most of
you I'm just another lurker.

After reading the announce text of the latest release, I have a few
changes/corrections to suggest to the language.  I'm not a coder or a
website designer, just someone that plays with words.

Here's my suggestion:

NewsFlash: GStreamer 0.6.4 Released - 14 October, 2003
The GStreamer team is very happy to announce the release GStreamer
0.6.4. -the latest update in our ABI stable 0.6.x release series.  There
are many small and minor fixes in this release to enhance your
multimedia pleasure. Full details are on our <download and release notes
page>.

In related news, Scott Wheeler has made Suse packages of GStreamer which
you can use with his very cool Juk music player and manager for KDE.
You'll find Scott's packages also listed in the <download section>.

Whether or not you want to use this proposed text, can someone at least
modify the existing text?

- ChiefHighwater

PS- that matrix image, as kewl as it is, needs to be about half its
current size or smaller screens lose chunks of text