[gst-devel] python bindings

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Sep 13 07:12:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

I want to start using the python bindings more.

Looking over them, I see we still have things like

gst.gst_element_factory_make,

which contrasted to things like gtk.window.move () isn't very pythonic.

I seem to recall that this was because we had _connect_, which we
changed to _link_ for that reason.

So, in my mind it seems like right now we can move on and change
gst.gst_element_factory_make to gst.element.factory_make or even
gst.element.factory.make.

Is anything specific still blocking us ? If not, I want to take a stab
at making our python stuff more similar to the gtk python stuff.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
- I didn't say I wanted you out of my life.
It's just...with the ironing, the new mattress,
they all just seem like things that are a little further
down the line, that's all.
- Further down the line than all the sex we've been having?
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/