[gst-devel] some more site updates

Zeeshan Ali zeelists at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 14:43:10 CEST 2004

Hello,

> Also, the videowhale page is back online.

     Nice work and thanks.

> Zeeshan,
> I checked the HOWTO,
> but really, the HTML of that is too ugly to put
> online.

     I admit.

> Do you have
> some source for that, so we can try and recreate it
> ? It really should
> be docbook-ified or somesuch, not abiword-generated
> html.

     I was already thinking on this line and therefore
learning docbook, so i can do the conversion then. But
an ugly version is better than a misssing-link. So
just put it online and we'll replace it ASA I am
finished with the docbook-ified version. BTW
Unfortunatelly, i dont have the source anymore. :(
Maybe Uraeus have it.

    The real problem with the howto is that it is
QUITE outdated and I dont have a video-wall anymore to
test things on. :( But, I'll be applying for the
linuxfund and I was waiting for you to fix these
missing-links before I apply for that. If I get this
fund, not only would the video-whale project be alive
again but I'll be back to Gst again. :)

=====
"To teach how to live without certainty, and yet without being paralysed by hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can still do for those who study it." --Bertrand Russell

"According to all the rules (of Software Engineering) I knew, Linux should have been a disaster, but it was'nt. Instead it was something wonderfull" -- Eric Raymond