[gst-devel] release

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Apr 14 15:33:00 CEST 2004

Hi,
> All the code I added from 0.8.0 to now are bugfixes or enhancements that
> are optional and not used by default (like the entry scheduler).
> So from my point of view cvs is more stable and works better than 0.8.0.

Great !

> I only intend to change stuff that we need to carefully check after the
> next release is out to make release-device-on-pause possible.

You're making me curious :)

> > There's another bug I ran into today that breaks playback of mp3 files
> > with spider (#139926), because spider sometimes plugs a few id3tag
> > elements in a row (since id3tag can serve three different caps,
> > depending on some heuristic, one of which is the same as the sink
> > caps).  This depends on the order in which it traverses element
> > factories, at the moment, which is semi-random (ie depends on your local
> > layout :))
> >
> A simple fix should be to reduce the rank of id3tag by 1 to
> GST_RANK_PRIMARY - 1. This would ensure that mad is always piecked before
> id3tag I think.

Yep, that did it for me, so I commited that.  I commited a similar fix
to dvddemux over mpegdemux because for me it was always picking
mpegdemux to playback mpeg files, and it failed spectacularly.

The first bug is indeed fixed in CVS, I verified.

I guess we'll take our chances for now with the oss probing :)

So, if no other bugs are reported, I'll do the final release tomorrow.
It's not too late to suggest release names.

Thomas

If you go
go for good
don't fucking joke