[gst-devel] Re: audio/mpeg4 muxer

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Apr 22 04:04:27 CEST 2004

Benjamin Otte wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, ChristianHJW wrote:
>
>>BBB's matroska muxer plugin should work for the creation of MKV's
>>already, but we recently found a couple of bugs in it. Before using it
>>for a final backup file, i recommend to wait until then.
>>
>here's bug reports about that?

Nope, i guess spyder482 decided to fix them rather than filing a bug
report ;-) ..... let see how he is coming along, diving through BBB's
code, and making his way through the Linux dungeon ...

>>>Is there a MOV muxer existing ?
>>>

>No there's not. I don't even like the state of the MOV demuxer...
>Benjaminwe

Hmmm ..... as much as i love the fact that Gstreamer has a matroska
muxer while it doesnt have a MOV/MP4 muxer yet at a first glance, the
more i feel we urgently need those if we want Gstreamer to be
established as THE opensource multimedia framework.

I promise to talk to Jory again on IRC, today or tomorrow if i get hold
of him, about a prerelease of what we have, as a first working version
of a win32 version. I am convinced that we could attract a lot of other
developers to contribute to the project, even from the Windows world, if
we are successful to transport the message we have for it, and to give
people an idea how beneficious a working platform like Gstreamer could
be compared to DirectShow, as a rather closed, limited blackbox solution.

Lets see if i can motivate him to put some working binaries together,
with some first ported plugins, so that we can launch them to a very
small circle of devs on Doom9 and Hydrogenaudio .....

Christian